I am so excited to share with you all the podcast interview I did with the Mastercard Foundation’s Baobab. Throughout this episode, I share my long-winded journey to working in tech with a non-tech academic background. Along the way, I discovered that I could not rely on opportunities being handed to me because I was ‘deserving’ but instead, I hd to aggressively pursue what I wanted.
In the words of the host, Halle: “Like many of us, Melissa checked all the right boxes and, in her own words, expected that the right opportunities would find her because she was deserving. That didn’t happen. Melissa has had to be bold and aggressive – and that energy radiates throughout this episode.”
You can listen on Spotify here:
Or you can listen to the episode (without needing to sign up) here:
#TheHustle: Zaina Otieno – Investment Associate, East Africa @Camco Clean Energy – Baobab Platform Podcasts
- #TheHustle: Zaina Otieno – Investment Associate, East Africa @Camco Clean Energy
- #TheHustle: Maryanne Masibo – Senior Investment Banking Analyst at Goldman Sachs & Veronica Munyiva – Business Analyst at Morgan Stanley.
- #TheHustle: Natasha Turyasingura – Postbaccalaureate Scholar at Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research
- #TheHustle: Eugene Awori – Private Equity Professional; MBA candidate & Knight Hennessy Scholar @ Stanford Graduate School of Business
- #TheHustle: Melissa Kariuki – Associate Product Marketing Manager – Google, Jo'Burg
I would love to hear your thoughts & reflections so please feel free to share them with me either in the comments or via direct messages on Instagram